Saturday, January 21, 2012

Simba's Grill Ltd - RAWR!

 Happy New Year!  I am late. But at least I am back.  It's not that I have lost interest in food.  I was too occupied with something else.  I had lots of good food last year, thanks to someone who knows nothing but eat! 吃货!

Anyway, this is the first restaurant  - Simba Grill Ltd. that we went to in order to celebrate my return from my holidays.  It is an East African restaurant.  I have never tried African food before that so I cannot tell if it's authentic.  The restaurant is not fancy - simple and plain but when they serve the mango lassi, I cannot believe how good it is.  It is the thickest and most creamy mango lassi I have ever had!



There was not a lot to choose from the menu.  We decided to follow the crowd and recommendation from different blogs. 




The creamy sauce for the Chicken Surwa was fantastic.  If no one was looking, I probably would have licked that plate clean. It's very flavourful.  Lots of cream and lots of spices but none of them make you sick of eating it.  Does anyone by any chance have the recipe for this fantastic dish?  I would love to have it.


I have never been a big fan of spinach.  Tomato sauce isn't my favourite as well so I was a little wary to order this dish -- Machicha Masala with shrimps.  There was not a lot of sauce for this dish and I could barely taste tomato.  Lots of spinach but they taste perfect together!  I really do not mind spinach and tomato if they were cooked like this.





We ordered a rice and Ugali (African rice) to go with our yummy entrees.  The rice was cooked with saffron. Yum! What fascinate me is the Ugali.  It's tasteless.  I think it's make of glutinous rice flour but I might be wrong.
 
Tasteless rice + Flavourful entrees = Perfect combo to me!






No comments:

Post a Comment