Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Castle of Kim Bob

Note: The restaurant has been closed.



A Korean friend brought me to Kim Bob Chun Gook, 김밥천국 or literally, Kim Bob Castle during the JSM conference. The Tuna Kim Bob that they serve is really nice. It was not stuffed with lots of rice and the tuna was not overwhelming that leaves the smelly fishy aroma in the mouth. So I went back there a few times for the Kim Bob and also, Duk Bok Gi, 떡볶이. Duk Bok Gi is really spicy, I warn you! But the sweetness of the sauce is just nice.

After going back there a few times for the same thing, I became more adventurous and decided to order something different. Their seafood pancake did not impress me as much though. But one time, a friend wanted to try bibimbab, aka. stone bowl rice, because she never had it before. Since I can't eat beef, we had Al-bab - bibimbab but with fish eggs instead of beef. It blew me away. The dish came out puffing hot and they put a lot of stuffs in there. Each of them in almost the equivalent amount that they blend nicely! It came with a small soup that is a little spicy and tasted like Tom Yum soup to me but that's just me apparently.


Since I know the seafood pancake isn't worth the money for it here, my friend and I decided to try Boo-Choo-Jeon, aka. chives pancake with octopus, instead. It's not much different from the seafood pancake - spring onion was replaced with chives. There was a lot of chives in there and the octopus pieces were spreaded unevenly over the pancake. There were a lot of octopus pieces on one slice and close to none on another. But, they were not over cooked at all... my teeth are ever grateful for that.


Damn! The pictures really don't do the food justice! Try again....



PS: I don't have the pictures for the seafood pancake, tuna kim bob and Duk Bok Gi but I will try to get them when I have a chance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment