Sunday, January 29, 2012

Atithi Restaurant

Dining at this restaurant was not in our plan.  We registered for a chocolate tasting class and the lady gave us a special deal to dine in Atithi. It is a very small restaurant but we got ourselves a good seat at the window.

They brought us some papadum to start with.  Crispy and tasty but the sauces were very spicy.  The appetizers we ordered were the vegetable samosa and House Frankie Special.  Both dishes came with some fries on the side and the sauce was the same as the ones they served for the papadum.  I tried them without the sauce of course.  House Frankie Special is similar to a grilled chicken wrap.  The chicken was coated with curry before cooking and was nicely done.   There was nothing special about the samosa except it was very very spicy.

 
From left to right: papadum, vegetable samosas and House Frankie Special




Among all the dishes we had, I like the lamb palak best because it has an exotic combination of spice.  I am not an expert with spices so I cannot tell which spice was used.  The mutton was not overly done but the gamey smell of the mutton is still there.  The thick spinach puree helped a lot to cover the awful odor though.


The prawn is very spicy.  So spicy that I cannot taste much.  One thing I am sure of is that prawns were nicely cooked.  The sauce was too spicy for me to comment further but I know the spiciness did not come from plain chilli pepper or cayenne pepper.  Maybe someone can enlighten my dumb taste buds for spicy food.



Hmmm..... mango mouse ~~ I am very sure they used fresh mango to make it without added sugar.  I love it.  If I go back again, I will definitely have the mango mousse.  Or perhaps, I will go there just for the mango mousse!



No comments:

Post a Comment