Sunday, January 22, 2012

Don Guacamole

We went to Don Guacamole a long long time ago because 1) it is always packed when I pass by; 2) Groupon!  I regretted not writing down the name of the dishes I have tried and now when I am trying to write this, I do not quite remember the name of one of the dishes.  We tried to stick with the Groupon deal we had and ended up with funny choices of dishes in order to optimize our Groupon. (I know we are cheap.)
                                    
                                                Appetizer - Tortilla chips with different sauces.  The sauces were spicy!


I think we had carnitas estilo michoacan. Keyword: think.  I didn't like it much because it was too salty.  I would have love some rice to go with it but since I am not Mexican nor I have any knowledge of authentic Mexican food, I can't complain much.  Despite the salty soup, the pulled pork was great.  I would love them on a taco or burrito. 

However, I would never forget the name of this dish - Pozole.  It's the best out of the three dishes I had tried.  The sauce is very thick the meat was great!  



If I am not mistaken, this is mole poblano. The sweet sauce is amazing. I would love to have more of those on my plate.  There was too much rich but not enough sauce!  In the end, I had the rice with some sauce from the other two dishes instead.  Another not-so-good-thing was the chicken. It was too dry. As we ran out of sauce,  I dipped the chicken in the other two dishes and the chicken was still dry.  Oh well...


No comments:

Post a Comment