Sunday, January 29, 2012

Do you C?

I have a thing for the C Restaurant ever since we came here for the Groupon deal back in April 2010.  I came back a few times with different deals they offered and if there was another deal, I would go back again. Why? The restaurant is has nice view if you were seated at the right place.  The service and food are simply amazing.  This is one restaurant that I will definitely miss when I leave Vancouver.

Like any restaurant, they always start us off with some bread and butter.  The bread they served on the table differed everytime I had been there.  Usually, they will give us several types of bread to try.  The first time I was there, they served us four types of bread!  I am going to write about the dishes they served during my third visit mainly because I have lost the photos from my first visit and forgot to take photos during my second visit. Boooo me :(
Ok.  The Groupon deal we had was a four course meal.  The first course is a very flavourful soup -- Wild & cultivated mushroom veloute with confit garlic and brioche croutons.  The soup was creamy but it didn't irritate me nor make me feeling too full for my next course.  The soft texture of the garlic and the crunchy croutons did not take away the sweetness from the mushrooms.



I was not really looking forward to the risotto because it was usually very filling for me.   However, this corn risotto with green onion relish came as a shock to me.  Every bite of risotto has a little bit of sweetness from the corn.  With the help of the relish, the sweetness stands out a lot.  This dish is very unique to my taste bud and the reasonable portion saved me enough space for the next dish!


The third course is BC albacore tuna with some fantastic potatoes and zucchini.  Based on my few experiences here, this is the most filling course and it usually has the longest name --
BC albacore tuna, lyonaise potatoes, zucchini ribbons, parmesan soubise.   Even though the tuna was nicely done, I still prefer the potatoes and zucchini better.  Strong flavoured tuna with simple vegetables as side dishes... yum~~



Chocolate brownie as dessert this time!  I have always had bad experience with burnt brownies but this time it was soft in the inside and outside.  It is not as if the brownie was melting away.  They used dark chocolate and hence there was a tiny bit of bitterness to it but I like that bitterness.  They used a sweet (berry chantilly) and sour (lemon curd) combination of sauce to complement the bitterness for those who do not like dark chocolates.  I love the lemon curd because the sourness did not make me made funny faces.



The macaroon was not a part of the course but they served it as we asked for our bill.  It was not as amazing as the other courses but hey, it's a change from the chocolates!


No comments:

Post a Comment