Thursday, July 12, 2012

Oliver and Bonacini Cafe Grill

This is the second time I have been to the same Oliver and Bonacini chain restaurant. We went the day their Summer Fixe menu was introduced.  It was too tempting to try this three course menu that I gave up on ordering the calamari that was amazingly good when I tried it last Christmas.




Grilled lamb kofta & organic quinoa tabbouleh.
The Mediterranean-spiced ground lamb skewer was pretty well done  while the cucumber mint raita did not come with too much olive oil.  Quinoa was a little undercooked though.

My favourite dish -- Sweet pea & avocado soup.
This is a cold and sweet soup that has some matane shrimp with aged balsamic in it. 


Baked Ontario pickerel.
  The skin was not crunchy enough while the meat is a little tough to bite on.  A little lack of spice too.   The hash brown, however, was not oily.  I like the combination of hazelnut (brown butter) and asparagus though.


Strawberry pavlova.
My second time trying this so-called "extra sized macaroon".  The strawberries could have been sweeter (and fresher) .

Oliver's famous carrot cake.
It's famous for a reason!  I am not a carrot cake fan but I finished it, except the whipped cream on top.  It's not overwhelmingly sweet and that gave myself more excuses to finish the layer of sugarrrrrrr on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment