Friday, May 4, 2012

Zakkushi

Zakkushi is one of the few special izakaya around.  They specialize in Japanese skewers.  There are wide variety of those and some other dishes like oden, okonomiyaki, sashimi, salads etc.  But, I still like their skewers best.  It was probably a hit-or-miss because the skewers were extremely salty when I went there to celebrate my birthday a few years ago. It didn't stop me from going back though.  And this time, I am very proud of myself to go back there!





Salt-based Tsukune on the left and Teriyaki-coated Tsukune on the right. The chicken was cooked just right! Yum!

Left: Shiso Maki -- It was just right this time. Not at all salty!  Right: Chicken hearts.

Left: Quail egg -- The mayo makes the egg felt less dry and sweet to taste. Right: Mochi -- The seaweed is a little salty but tasted just right with the bland sticky rice.

Cream Croquette -- It was my best dish of the night but worst picture taken!



No comments:

Post a Comment