Saturday, May 12, 2012

Under the Banana Tree

The Banana Leaf Restaurant opens up a new location along Denman Street.  I haven't been there for a long while since the last time it didn't taste home-ly to me.  Anyway, I went because a friend suggested it.  Picky me when it comes to Malaysian food!

Roti Canai - The roti was well made but the sauce is far from good.  It's not flavorful and spicy enough.

Char Koay Teow - The clams are missing!!!! It is normal hawker standard  though.  I miss the one with duck eggs and pig oil in BM :(

Mee Goreng - Not sure why there is ketchup in there! And where's the chili? 

We ordered the Hainanese chicken as well but we ate it before I took a picture.  The rice didn't taste as good but the chicken was properly, not the best, done.

No comments:

Post a Comment