Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sweet Sweet Revenge

My friend introduced this place to me as one of the regular places for dessert before she found out more sweet goodness in downtown.  This is definitely not a place I would have come if I wasn't across the street at Hawker's Delight.   You wonder how much I can eat after so much food across the street.  But, living well is a Sweet Revenge.



They have a good selection of teas that I have not seen or heard before.  I tried their Kyoto Cherry Rose while my friend ordered the Rainbow Almond.  Right when I was pouring my tea from my teapot, the sweet fragrance filled the air.  The tea itself is not overpowering flavorful though.  It is a type of green tea apparently but after the tea leaves were in the teapot for an hour, there was not a single bit of bitterness.  Love it! 


Of course after a big dinner, we two ladies could only attempt the sampler -- CSI: Vancouver.  This chocolate sampler consists of ice creams and their popular chocolate desserts -- white chocolate cheesecakes, chocolate gateau, Sweet Revenge (dark chocolate cheesecake) and the old fashioned chocolate cake.  Each piece came in a decent size for one person.  The original size for non-sampler order is nearly the size of my palm.  I am not sure if I would like to have that much sugar at that hour of the day. Note: The restaurant opens from 7pm till late at night.  They weren't too sweet in general but I realize that I was taking a lot of sugar as I made my way through the icing and toppings.


Chocolate Gateau
Sweet Revenge

Old fashioned chocolate cake
White chocolate cheesecake

I am not sure if my tongue was being mean to the food but the cakes were very dry.  I was basically eating the cakes with the ice cream to make it not as dry.  The dark chocolate did not taste like the dark chocolate I imagined.  If the cakes were meant to be eaten with the ice cream from the very beginning, then I would not complain about how dry they are.  As I saw other  plates of cakes were served, there was no ice cream on the side! So... I ended up indulging myself in my cup of tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment