Saturday, September 18, 2010

iWR I - Motomachi Shokudo

Most people knows I have a thing for ramen. I eat ramen whenever I feel good and bad. And so, I have tried most of the ramen store accessible to me and came up with this special series of "I Wuvs Ramen" (iWR) =)

First up on the list of iWR is Motomachi Shokudo. It is not the one that I always go to because it's slightly further than the rest of the ramen stores I have access to.

The two special things that draw me to the store is its soup base and the charcoal added to soup. Usually, the ramen soup is pork broth based but in Motomachi, they use a chicken broth based soup. I am not a big fan of it as it was not as flavourful as the pork borth based soup. However, it is way less oily than the usual ramen I have had. As mentioned by the chef, the main theme of the store is to serve healthier ramen and that is definitely very successful.

Again, I went with my friends and guess what, we ordered different stuffs and tried them. The quality of the noodle is pretty decent. It didn't get soggy over time. I do not really remember the exact name of the ramen we ordered but they are

Bamboo Charcoal Ramen - Don't worry, you don't taste charcoal at all and it's just as good!


Miso Ramen with Organic Chicken - Really can't tell if the chicken is organic though



Spicy Miso Ramen - Not too spicy and worth the shot for spice lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment