Monday, September 20, 2010

Waffle!

As I wander along Robson Street on a Friday evening, I accidentally came across the Michi Waffle & Espresso Bar. But I was too full from dinner and so, did not try. The display did catch my eyes and to satisfy my curiosity, I went there two days later!

There are two types of waffle: liege and brussel. The liege waffle is more chewy and dense while the brussels waffle is supposedly to be light and crispy. They offer different type toppings for the waffles and instead of mix-matching the toppings ourselves, we decided to go for their summer special. I know summer is almost over but shhhh....

It did not take long for the server to bring out the Summer Delight Waffle Sundae with brussel waffle



and the Wicked Blue Waffle Sundae with brussel waffle


They sure look yummy! I am not the best judge when it comes to waffle but I really would wish the waffle is a little more crispy. The brussel waffle was definitely light but I would prefer it to be a little more crispy. We did not try the liege waffle because like I said, I prefer crispy waffles :) When I think back now, I think the amount of whipped cream on the waffles probably took away the crispy-ness of the waffle. I was shock to see so much whipped cream on top of the waffle, but the fresh fruits and blueberry sauce made me feel less guilty.

The fruits are freshly cut which is always a bonus. The only downside is the sweetness of the fruits depend greatly on the fruits themselves. I was happy that they used fresh fruits instead of can fruits. It could be improved a whole lot more if the fruits can make themselves sweeter naturally. The blue berry sauce wasn't too sweet at all and I love it. You can obviously tell that minimal artificial sugar were added. I wish it would taste more like blueberry though...

My friend ordered an english earl grey tea. It comes in a nice little glass teapot. I like the idea. She wasn't too blown away with the tea. There are a lot of positive reviews about the latte and espresson served in the store but a coffee-retard like me really can't comment much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment